Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Job Title?

Hard to believe I have been here one month! I have had many new experiences like an Albanian wedding, eating a fish head, and mopping the
floor EVERY time I shower. However, we have not started school so I also feel like I haven't even begun my experience yet. My office is starting to feel more like my own, though the door still says "Finance Office". A daily reminder to me that they have not had a Guidance Counselor before and in fact don't even know what one is. If you looked up "Guidance Counselor" in the Albanian Dictionary I am pretty sure it would say "Cindy Moyer". I am the only one, which is exciting because I get to define it! Ha, don't let me fool you, reality is that there is NO job that I won't likely do this year. In fact, I may be teaching a class which has me extremely nervous since that is not were my heart or training lies. I want to be flexible and do what is necessary but honestly that seems more of a stretch than I know how to make. I have met a handful of students as they have been coming to volunteer. Working with them gets me excited for them all to come and fill the halls. On the other hand it feels like we are not near ready for them yet. The teaching schedule is a real challenge for Klementina and I to figure out as enrollment has increased by almost 100% and our teaching staff has not. I will keep you posted as my role here takes more shape.


In the meantime I am including a few pictures from the wedding this past weekend. The Shanini's daughter came from the States to get married here. The wedding was at the castle and the reception at the school. It was beautiful! I felt privileged to attend and enjoyed helping with the clean-up the next day.  




There was a live band and endless food. The party went until 2:00 in the morning! There was a great mix of American friends, family, and community present! Everyone had a wonderful time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment