Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Day!



This is the LAC pin that we all wear proudly each day! 
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." 
~ William Butler Yeats



"LAC is a light to Lezha." 

~ Justin Rittenhouse

 So, it is finally here! The "First Day of School Eve!" I have spent the last 6 weeks preparing for this day and now I greet it with much expectation! It feels a little like New Years Eve, in that it is a beginning and I am hopeful and excited for what amazing things are in store for the year. Of course I am nervous, but that is normal, especially since everything is new. New job, new students, new co-workers, and I am even teaching a class, which was completely unexpected! However, I rest in the promise that God is with me and has prepared me, and equipped me, for this moment. He is the same here in Albania as He is at home in PA. In fact, I have had the most wonderful experience in church the past few Sundays. We have sung familiar songs, which I love. I may not be able to join in the lyrics but my heart and mind is in unison as I meditate on what I know the song is about. Today was sang Chris Tomlin's song "Here I am to Worship." How beautiful to transcend language and worship God in community. I feel very "at home" in the church here. Pray that our school can feel "like home" to our students as we share the grace and love of Christ with them.

This is my classroom where I will teach 21 seniors, "Individuals that Impact Our World: a writing intensive course," 3rd block from 11:10 - 12:40.
It will be much more interesting when they are actually there!





1 comment:

  1. Classroom looks great-I am excited for you, Cindy! Praying that you feel confident and can be an effective teacher. Love you!

    ReplyDelete