Saturday, August 3, 2013

Embarking on an Adventure!

“The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.” - C. Joybell C.

On Monday I board a plane for Albania! Of course I am both nervous and excited as anyone would be! I also am amazed at how quickly this all came about. The idea of leaving everything I know to go be a counselor at LAC was only planted in my mind in May. I took until late-June to be accepted into Virginia Mennonite Mission's TranSend program and begin to make plans. I announced my plans on facebook the beginning of July, and the second week of July I sent out a mailing informing friends and family of my need for financial and prayer support. On July 16th, I booked my flight and by July 18th I had all my funding in place. OH MY! I have to view this crazy whirlwind as an act of God! My Grammy Moyer once told me that God doesn't usually reveal what He wants us to do until we need to know. In other words, He is planning ahead but we don't get to see those plans until it is time to live them. I have always viewed my life as a journey and so I have accepted the challenge to blog while away as a way to document this adventure and so that you may join me.

Lezha Academic Center

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for blogging about it. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    He's an on-time God...

    Blessings for the adventure ahead!

    ReplyDelete