Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Winding Up!

Those of you that work in schools understand me when I say that the year isn't "winding-down" it is "winding-up!" We have only 3 weeks of regular classes left, finals are on the 12th & 13th.
Then we have a special English program in the mornings lead by LCC International staff. LAC teachers will be assisting in the classroom as 40 students have intensive English study and some fun too. We are looking forward to the half-day schedule and not having to prepare lessons. I will be finishing end of the year reports and tying up loose ends with student records. At the end of June our responsibilities are done for the year. I have plans to go to Italy and Greece to travel with some friends before returning to PA.

I would appreciate prayers as I do not know what God has planned for me next. I will be looking for work once I arrive home but have no idea what that will be. I do know I will be back in Telford and I am excited to catch-up with family, friends, and church community.

Traveling to Southern Albania and Greece
 - with Phil, Betsy, Merlin & Lisa
This year has taught me a lot and likely I will be reflecting on my time here and its impact on my life for years to come. One lesson that sticks out to me right now is the example given by the volunteers of retirement age I have met here. Over the course the of the school year there have been 7 individuals that have come to LAC for various amounts of time to help serve. As retired professionals they all found the time and resources to share their skills and gifts with us. I was so encouraged by their presences and willingness to jump in and do whatever they could to help. I am also inspired by their examples of servanthood and continual call to ministry. They have taught me that courage, energy, and adventure are not just traits of youth but rather character traits of spirit. I enjoyed getting to know each of them and glean from their knowledge, heart of service, and wisdom. Also, they were an answer of prayer because we would not have been able to carry on without them. They each filled an important need at the school and we were blessed to have their help. Just last Thursday the Bowmans returned to Virginia. Richard taught Physics for a semester and Elsie was the librarian. However, that being said they did so much more that I cannot outline in a short blog. The week before that we said "good-bye" to Phil and Betsy. Phil, a retired Cardiologist taught Biology and Betsy team-taught English. They are from my home congregation of Salford so it was great to have friends from home here and share this experience with them. They also spearheaded some travel weekends and I got to see more of Albania thanks to them.

So I would like to say a big THANK YOU! to my new friends for volunteering at LAC! Sandra Cardinal, Lois King, Phil & Betsy Moyer, Merlin Miller, and Richard & Elsie Bowman. You have both enriched my life and have served God faithfully setting an example for the students and staff. Blessings to you in whatever God calls you to do next!
Back row - Merlin, Dini, Klementina, Betsy, Phil, Lois, and Jordan
Front row - Richard, Valentina, Elsie, me, Justin, and Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment