Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ramdom discoveries

Not sure if this is worthy of a post but while I was home many people seemed very interested in what the weather is like in Albania. Today it was sunny and about 58%. However, tomorrow it is supposed to rain. We don't get snow apparently since we are near the sea. It sure can get windy though and that causes frequent power outages.




The other common question I get is what do you miss about America. That is an easy question since I miss my friends and family the most. However, also interesting is that there are a number of things I haven't been able to find in Albania or at least in my small city of Lezhe. I miss many of these things too.


In Shkodra this past weekend at CafĂ© Flo.
Here is the list in no particular order.
1. Filling cabinets
2. Brown sugar (got it from Kosovo)
3. Tortilla chips
4. Diet Coke (Coke Zero is not the same thing)
5. Note cards - no need since no one uses the postal system
6. Ben & Jerry's
7. Pretzels
8. Sticky tack
9. Movie Theaters (maybe in Tirana?)
10. Brownies
11. Magazines - don't miss them until you can't get them
12. Milkshakes
 






Beautiful Saturday last week in Shkodra!
Not sure what these lights are supposed to be but
aren't they artistic?


I thought it would be funny to steal her bread.
She didn't agree...

Shkodra is a larger city to the north and has
a lot of culture and history. It is fun to visit since it has many more restaurants and things to do. It is about 45minutes and $2 to take a van.  


... what else would you like to know?


No comments:

Post a Comment